Kids in View news will help you keep in touch with what is going on at Kaleidoscope Place! It covers various themes and includes timely information and upcoming events that you need to be aware of. We post monthly Kids in View news on our website and we also publish a bi-annual Kids in View paper newsletter. We encourage you to sign up on the right sidebar to stay in more regular communication with us!
Spread the news! If you know of others that might be interested in being a part of the Kaleidoscope community, use the Bookmark Us links on the right sidebar to spread the Kids in View news. You can Digg us, Tweet us, and post us on your Facebook page! Go here if you would like to read our Past Kids in View News.
Current Kids In View News
- Kaleidoscope Place Open House Spring 2013 (5/9/2013) -
- A Piece of the Educational Pie (5/2/2013) - by Leyla Sahal, Family Connections Coordinator Art is an important piece of the educational pie. Our children are creative and love to express themselves. Kaleidoscope provides our students numerous opportunities to engage in art. We believe that there is more to our students than math and reading scores. Art is an expression of emotions, perspectives, [...]
- Respect Expressed (4/15/2013) - by Paige Pedersen, Education Director, Teacher A few weeks ago at Kaleidoscope, we held a “Respect Week” for the students. We talked about what respect means to them, did team-building group activities, practiced being respectful, and learned how words make a difference. The dictionary defines respect as “thinking and acting in a way that shows [...]
- Growth (3/30/2013) - by Ryan Kirk, Executive Director On one of our walls as you enter our space there is a board full of pictures taken over the 42 year history of Kaleidoscope. Every day there is one that jumps out at me, a picture of a young girl laughing on a sidewalk outside. She was in first [...]
- Forward Progress (3/15/2013) - by Jennifer Davis, Teacher I have the pleasure of working with the oldest class at Kaleidoscope. I have been working with Kaleidoscope for many years now and I am very proud of the progress my class has made throughout this school year. We started this year with a very full class but not much extra [...]